Seeds Of Earth – fantabulous cover by Steve Stone!

Steve Stone is The Man – it was he who created the covers for my Shadowkings books, three wonderful images that I`ll treasure forever, and now he’s done it again for my new book, SEEDS OF EARTH, due out in March next year from Orbit UK.

What you’re seeing are the three colonyships which flee from an Earth under siege, one which ends up 15,000 light years away, at a world where the human colonists finally settle. They call the planet Darien and go undiscovered for 150 years,  whereupon they become the focus for all manner of high melodrama and galaxy-shattering events!

Stay tuned!

Share and Bookmark:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • MySpace
  • FriendFeed
  • del.icio.us
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Posterous

1. Nice universe – I`ll take it!
  2. David Wingrove's Chung Kuo Redux

1. jimsteel Says:

September 26th, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Wow. Heh…that’s…that’s… Have I said “Wow” yet?

2. neilwilliamson Says:

September 27th, 2008 at 12:13 am

That’s a beaut, Mike. Proper space-op and that. I imagine you’re feeling justifiably lovely right now.

3. Gary Gibson Says:

September 27th, 2008 at 4:51 am

Oh. Now that *is* nice. If it’s okay with you, I’ll crosspost that cover on my own blog and give you a mention. Spread the word, as it were.

September 27th, 2008 at 8:58 am

Thanx for looking in, guys – it certainly has that icecool tech-between-the-stars feel to it. Next thing will (hopefully) be a wee youtube movie shot and edited by me old mucker, Peri Urban.

5. Mark Chitty Says:

September 29th, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Thanks to Gary for pointing this one out on his blog. It’s added to my list and I’ll be getting this as soon as I can!

September 29th, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Mark, much appreciated – I hope to post a sample excerpt in the next month or so, subject to my editor’s nod!

cheers!

7. Mark Chitty Says:

September 30th, 2008 at 9:28 am

The blurb and cover (I know it’s not about the cover, but it doesn’t hurt to have a good looking book on the shelf!) have got me excited enough about the book so I’ll be waiting with anticipation for that to come up :)

8. Dave-Brendon de Burgh Says:

October 7th, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Incredible cover! I’m a huge fan of Steve’s work, and for him to do a cover of your novel says great things about the book. :-)

October 7th, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Oh boy – hope you like it when it finally hits the shelves.