Seeds Of Earth Competition! – Updated

As noted before, this is the ultrafabtastic Seeds Of Earth competition, wherein three lucky winners will receive by post a crisp new copy of my new novel, Seeds Of Earth (kinda explains the title). In order to win, ya gotta be in!…the competition by answering this mind-blowing, senses-shattering question:

At the start of the Humanity’s Fire saga, three colony ships escape from the Swarm’s savage attack on:
1) Venus
2) Saturn
3) Earth
4) Brig o’ Doon

Sadly, the book prizes are restricted to residents of the British isles, but as a compensation a further 3 correct entries from outwith these sceptered isles will receive a nifty wee promotional-type gewgaw (currently to be decided upon).

Lastly, book winners will receive their book prize from my publisher, and the bauble winners will receive their mystery doodad from myself.

How to win – simply email your answer, taken from the list above, along with your postal address to orbit@littlebrown.co.uk and put SeedsofEarth competition in the email title box.

1. Seeds Of Earth – fantabulous cover by Steve Stone!
  2. Seeds Of Earth review at Walker of Worlds
  3. Seeds Of Earth – Published This Week!
  4. Seeds Of Earth Review at BookGeeks!
  5. Seeds Of Earth book cover – whole shebang-full monty!

1. Jim Says:

March 3rd, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Compo Answer

I don’t live on the British Isles, but I’ve been excitedly awaiting this book. I’d be curious to see what the bauble might be, should I win.

March 4th, 2009 at 10:17 am

It has now been determined that the neat bauble is in fact a bookmark and an A3 poster!

March 5th, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Hmm, interesting – 26 views of this so far and just one entry. Must be a lot of free books going on other blogs, eh? ;-)

4. Qatux Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 9:17 am

Compo answer.

I guess it’s all down to hearing (or reading) about it.

5. Gilgamesh Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Done! :crossing fingers:

Are you planning in having your books sold as e-books?

Last few months, I’ve been looking for the Shadowkings trilogy sold online as e-books but to no avail. I really liked them after reading the extracts on your site. And I had been looking forward to reading Seeds Of Earth but I prefer not to cut trees for it, especially now that I have an e-book reader.

Thanks,

March 6th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Would be fine and dandy to have the HFire books sold into ebook format – I must consult with the higher Orbit powers on that. As for the Shadowkings books, deadtree format only, I`m afraid!

7. Qatux Says:

March 7th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Even better, but maybe a bit ambitious… Any chance of an mp3 audiobook. Every time I listen to PFH – The Dreaming Void, read by Toby Longworth, I find something new that I missed.

March 7th, 2009 at 11:45 pm

I would love to see that done – my partner has said that I should do it myself, partly cos she listens to a lot of audiobooks. We’ll see – mebbe I`ll start small with a couple of short stories!

9. Qatux Says:

March 11th, 2009 at 9:03 am

I know what its like to read in public. I enjoy it ;-) but I’d be rubbish at doing different voices – like John Lee and Toby Longworth. The author reading his own work has a special attraction. I have an old LP record of Asimov reading one of his short stories.

10. Zensun Says:

June 30th, 2010 at 8:58 pm

(How’s this for comment-necro?)

I’m sad to find that your HFire books aren’t available in epub (or any ebook) format – yet! I’m very anxious to read them, but have entered an ebook-only stage in life 1) to save trees and 2) to have a portable library. I live in a small flatshare and have given/thrown away too many books due to lack of space!

Any update on your books being released in epub?

June 30th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Funny you should mention this but just this week I signed some additional contract docs about exactly this – yes, the HFire trilogy wil be issued on ebook. As to availability, I`ll be finding out more for a proper blog post tomorrow.