The Orphaned Worlds Cover Art: Steve Stone Does It Again!

Orphaned WorldsMy first look at the cover for The Orphaned Worlds (Humanitys Fire Vol 2), as depicted by the most excellent Steve Stone. Just…wow.

Share and Bookmark:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • MySpace
  • FriendFeed
  • del.icio.us
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Posterous

1. Seeds Of Earth – fantabulous cover by Steve Stone!
  2. Seeds Of Earth book cover – whole shebang-full monty!
  3. The Orphaned Worlds, 1st Draft, 1st Excerpt
  4. Orphaned Worlds, 1st Draft, 2nd Excerpt
  5. Orphaned Worlds, 1st Draft, 3rd Excerpt

1. Mark Chitty Says:

September 7th, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Mike – I liked the Seeds of Earth cover because it was simple but effective, it was also frigging cool. This one is better. It is made of WIN.

Can’t wait to get around to reading it, going to re-read Seeds of Earth before I jump into it though!

2. neilwilliamson Says:

September 7th, 2009 at 9:57 pm

That’s a cover that will sell copies, that is.

Nice one!

3. NextRead » Cover P0rn: The Orphaned Worlds by Michael Cobley (Orbit) Says:

September 9th, 2009 at 8:31 am

[...] of Worlds. I must admit that’s stunning one. You can check out more info on Michael at his website. Categories: cover p0rn Tags: [...]

4. Qatux Says:

September 9th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

That is a great cover. Those ships look like they are damaged and fleeing… Is that right? Weh hee – Looking forward to this one. And I must re-read Seeds of Earth again first

5. Rodney Says:

September 13th, 2009 at 12:59 am

Oh yes. If I hadnt been lucky and spotted the newly arrived Seeds Of Earth in teh local library a couple days ago, This book would certainly have got me wanting to read it, then get annoyed at missing the first in teh sequence, or more likely, try and find the first one to read first.

Wonder how big those ships are compared to Old Earth ships, such as the Habbakuk series?

Watch out for the hyperspace transitions as well, those inverted gravity wells can have very strange effects if the tramlines are disturbed.

Great series, I hope to read the next book soon, and even better, find it in the local shops so I can start my collection of the next generation of authors.

……………………….

The older and more respected a scientist is, the longer it takes to prove him wrong.

September 13th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Am very pleased at the general reaction to the TOW cover – and of course I`m thrilled to get such a great image. Sorry that you`ll all have to wait until April next year for it, thats just the consequence of the elasticity of publishing schedules (and, lets be honest, the ability or otherwise of the author to hit a deadline!). But until then I shall be posting some choice pieces of background, and maybe even some outtakes from the text (ie stuff that which didnt fit with the storyline). Also, I have a Humanitys Fire short story appearing in CONFLICTS, an anthology edited by Ian Whates and Ian Watson, due for publication by Newcon Press at the end of the year. The story title is ‘The Maker’s Mark’ and concerns one Cornelius Jamal and his adventures down on a strange level of hyperspace called the Shylgandic Lacuna. More info on that once I get a definite publication date.