SOE Competition Winners!

Well, wasn’t that fun and indeed revealing? Just to remind you, the question was -

“Bearing in mind the SETTING  of Seeds Of Earth, what is the connection between the book and the poet, John Keats?”

I believe I also dropped clangorous hints as the use of Google by which an answer might be procured. How so? – well, looking over some of the information available, as publicity and other reviews of the book, you might have seen that Seeds Of Earth is mainly set on the planet Darien, so if you put ‘John Keats’ and ‘Darien’ into Google and googlise them, you come up with Keats’ poem “On First Looking Into Chapman’s Homer” in which may be found the final line, “Silent, upon a peak in Darien.”

Only a few actually got it completely right, while others came close with answers which I can see why would be thought to be correct. Anyhow, my judgement is that the following shall receive a copy of the paperback of SOE:

Andrej El, Germany; Esther Shchory, Israel; James Toburen, USA

and Michael Coupar, Preston; Martin Barlow, Manchester; Jer White, Edinburgh.

I`ll be notifying the winners by email later today, and shall despatch the books very shortly (with consolation prizettes for the other entrants too)(cos I’m a soft sod, thats why!). Da judge’s verdict is, like, final, dude.

Share and Bookmark:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • MySpace
  • FriendFeed
  • del.icio.us
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Posterous

1. Seeds Of Earth competition – Winners!
  2. Seeds Of Earth Competition, Baby – With New Improved Question! (and gratuitous hint)
  3. Seeds Of Earth Review @ NextRead – And Other Matters
  4. Seeds Of Earth Competition! – Updated
  5. Seeds Of Earth – fantabulous cover by Steve Stone!

1. Afront Says:

February 8th, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Brilliant! Thanks very much Mike, really looking forward to reading this.

2. ediFanoB Says:

February 9th, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I failed to answer the question because I thought far too complex.

In the meantime I bought a copy of SEEDS OF EARTH and started reading (100 pages so far).

Congratulations to all winners.
    I can tell you that you have won a good one – intriguing.

3. Another Mike Says:

February 11th, 2010 at 9:38 am

stop messing around with the internets and get the next book out please

February 11th, 2010 at 10:58 am

My word, sir, you cut to the chase! True, the internets is a source of infinite jest and blandishments, which act upon the finite resources of time. Which is why I dont do much networking, even though I do have a Facebook page (yawn). Rest assured, Orphaned Worlds is on the horizon, namely the April horizon. Huzzah!

5. Another Mike Says:

February 12th, 2010 at 9:44 pm

April’s ages away!

maybe i should get a job

6. Qatux Says:

February 18th, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Thanks again Mike, the paperback arrived today 18th, the postman left it with a neighbour. Much appreciated and love the bookmark. Looking forward to Orphaned Worlds. Don’t rush, its quality not speed that people remember – even years later.

7. Another Mike Says:

February 19th, 2010 at 2:15 am

i particularly remember quality and quantity

8. Qatux Says:

February 19th, 2010 at 8:09 am

Both of which, take time