Humanity’s Fire Ebook News

Yes, now the truth can be told – ebooks of both Seeds Of Earth and The Orphaned Worlds will be out on October 7th, just a coupla days before me birthday. Niiicce!

And I can exclusively reveal that concrete moves are afoot with regard to audiobooks! Oh yuss. More on that when deals are done and the delineaments of the future come into focus.

1. Humanitys Fire Interim Report: A Whole Lotta Typing Goin' On
  2. Seeds Of Earth review at Walker of Worlds
  3. Seeds Of Earth Review: BBC Focus magazine
  4. Guest Post @ Walker Of Worlds Reviewblog
  5. Seeds Of Earth Review: Dave Brendon's Fantasy & Scifi Weblog

1. Flub Says:

September 27th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

That’s excellent news. Are they going to be available in the UK Kindle store? I’ll certainly be buying both books if they are.

2. Flub Says:

October 7th, 2010 at 9:01 am

Sadly no sign of either ebook on the UK Kindle store today :(

3. Dave Says:

October 11th, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Is there any news on when Seeds of Earth and Orphaned Worlds will be available in ebook or if they are which website can purchase them from.

October 11th, 2010 at 8:39 pm

HI Dave and Flub – so sorry about the non-appearance of the ebooks. I’ve made enquiries as why this is so and shall report back here as soon as I know anything. My own investigations revealed that there IS an ebook of book 1 available, in German from Libri.de. Why? – wish I had an explanation. Hopefully this should be sorted out pronto.

5. mark Says:

December 18th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

will the seeds of earth be on any other format apart from kindel as my ebook is a sony
    thanks mark

January 5th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Mark, I was under the impression that the books are available in formats other than the kindle edition. I`ll try to find out what the score is, and what outlets to go to. And sorry for the delay getting back to you – December was a month of crises.

7. Darrell Says:

February 6th, 2011 at 2:19 am

I just got a Nook–sorry to see that your books are only for the Kindle. When will they be available in other formats, like epub?

February 15th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Darrell – i was under the impression that the books were available in other formats, yet I`m still getting queries about this. I shall have to nail this down once and for all.

9. Jens Says:

February 17th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I live in Sweden, and your publisher does not want me to buy your books for my Kindle. I have no idea why a company would be interested in limiting their market as much as possible, but maybe they just hate money and want potential costumers to download some pirated version of the book…

On Amazon.com this is what it says when I go to Seeds of Earth and Orphaned Worlds: This title is not available for customers from your location in: Europe

On Amazon.co.uk it says: Kindle titles at Amazon.co.uk are available for UK customers only.
    Not from the UK? Shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com

It would be nice if this was changed so everyone that is interested can buy the books in a digital format, not just Americans and Brits.

February 18th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Jens – be assured that you are not alone in this situation. I’ve enquired at Orbit just this morning and am waiting for them to get back to me. I was initially told that the books would be coming out in all the proprietary formats, but in fact i’ve only seen it out for the Kindle epub, and then its restricted to certain regions of the planet. Which is bloody ridiculous. As soon as I know something concrete, I`ll pass it on.

Addendum – I’ve just been to the Little Brown website (Orbit is a part of them) and unaccountably the ebooks of Seeds Of Earth and The Orphaned Worlds are neither available to be ordered nor visible! Must inquire on that too.

February 18th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Jens – I’ve had a reply from Orbit and it seems that you’re not alone – looks like there is some kind of software glitch on Amazon which is preventing many Swedish customers from buying stuff through Amazon. Orbit’s digital division has been onto Amazon and they’re hoping for a speedy response on this. More info as and when.

February 18th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Further clarity on ebooks and Orbit: ebooks cannot be bought via the Little Brown website, although paperbacks can. Also, Orbit produces all its ebooks in the epub format, which retailers then take and convert and/or add DRM (digital rights management) for sale on their own websites. Waterstones and WH Smiths are two big online ebook retailers, with either or both providing in pdf as well as other formats. Unfortunately, neither of them provide MY books as ebooks, only as paperbacks. I have heard rumours that Seeds has been pirated and can be found, but….who knows what you’ll be getting, eh?

Must cogitate and consult. See if any headway can be attained.

13. Jens Says:

February 19th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Thank you for the update about the situation.
    I still have a few more books to read before it’s time to buy some new ones, so I hope that by then Amazon have fixed this very stupid problem. But to speed things up I will send the Amazon.com support staff an e-mail about this as well.

14. Odo Says:

March 13th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I live in Spain and Amazon refuses to sell me your wonderful books in ebook format :(

I’ve been searching a lot of ebook stores and I’ve found one that will sell me something: BooksOnBoard. However, they only offer one and, oddly enough, it is The Orphaned Worlds. Do you know if it is intended to be that way or can it be some kind of mistake? Cause I usually like to start things at the beginning, you know :)

Thanks!

15. Thomas Says:

March 24th, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Any news on this issue? I’m from Norway, and got the same problem as Jens.

regards
    Thomas

April 7th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Apologies to both Thomas and Odo – for some reason, my blog has stopped notifying me of incoming comments, which is amazingly annoying. I shall forward these queries to my contacts at Orbit – I remember getting this query from Jens before, and had thought that Amazon were supposed to be sorting it out. Shall query further.