Updates, Ebooks, and the Chung Kuo website!

First off, yes, I am still neurally- challenged due to synaptic commitment to narrative construction activities – aye, I`m scribbling like daft wee scribbler!

And at last I can confirm that hitches and glitches have been overcome and the ebooks of Seeds of Earth and The Ascendant Stars are now available! The Amazon links are:

And on your Chung Kuo news tonight….status report reveals that publication dates are now announced, and on a dedicated Chung Kuo website. Add this one to your favourites:

Wherein you can find the current full publication schedule for all 20 books, oh yes!

Current listening pleasure is being provided by Major Parkinson, Seid, Red Giant, Honcho, Black Country Communion and Joe Bonmassa. Currently reading – The Hell of it All by Charlie Brooker. Guys a jeenyuss!

1. A Chung Kuo Update From The Desk Of Mr Wingrove
  2. David Wingrove's Chung Kuo Redux
  3. David Wingrove's CHUNG KUO – Update
  4. Chung Kuo Vol 1: Son of Heaven update
  5. Humanity's Fire Ebooks

1. Dave Says:

October 27th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

When will the titles be available at other websites as my Sony reader will only read ePub PDF formats, also noticed they are available on iTunes

October 27th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Dave – I was told about the Amazon availability just today, so I`m assuming that other formats will be available in due course (different orgs have different update periods for their sites I suppose). But I have made a further query on this from Orbit and shall keep you posted.

3. Dave Says:

October 27th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

THanks for the update can wait to read these hopefully not have to wait much longer

4. Gary Gibson Says:

October 27th, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Nice one Mike. I’m *slightly* concerned the prices of the ebooks might actually be a bit too high – my own ebooks are priced at nearly half of yours, bar the recent hardback. This may however be adjusted in the next few weeks by Amazon, once they get your pricing sorted out. But if they don’t, you might want to ask your publisher about it.

5. Flub Says:

November 1st, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Agency pricing now so it’s up to the publisher how much they charge. Thankfully Michael’s books aren’t ripoffs like some prices that changed today.

6. Sam Says:

November 1st, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Hi All. The prices seem to have settled now – £5.99 for OW and £4.49 for SoE. I seem to recall that something similar happened on the release of “Surface Detail” – the initial Kindle price was way above that of the hardback, but changed to something more reasonable after a couple of days.

I really enjoyed Seeds of Earth and am looking forward to reading Orphaned Worlds – I’ve got Stealing Light to read first though :) .

November 3rd, 2010 at 6:57 pm

My word, you are quite right – which is a bit of a relief. NEway, hope you enjoy it when you get to it. And I’m sure you`ll enjoy Gary’s book.

8. Ross Says:

January 12th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Do you have to bribe Google to find your website?

Tried to search for the site via search engine and didn’t find the new website. Had to come back to here for the link…

Great news the site is up and running anyway and can’t wait for the prequel.

Fingers crossed its a massive success…it needs advertising Mr Wingrove’s publishers!

9. Frank Says:

October 16th, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Hello!

An old topic, but please – it seems your ebooks aren’t available outside the UK. I’m in Canada and can neither find a Canadian nor US based website that carries them.

October 17th, 2011 at 9:38 am

Hi Frank – you`re not the first and wont be the last to come to me with this problem, and its purely a consequence of publishers guarding their licensing territories. Thus far my publishing contract has been with Orbit UK, which is part of the big French combine, Hachette. The terms of the contract specifies the territories which Orbit’s right to publish covers, which so far has been the UK and associated territories (like Australia) – but not Canada and the US. This applies to the ebook as well; the audiobooks, on the other hand, is distributed by Audible, the audiobook division of Amazon, and they can be downloaded across the world (I think). I can reveal that a US published has expressed interest in the HFire trilogy but if that comes to fruition the stateside ebooks may not be out till this time next year.

The only other solution I can think of, in a rule bending way, might be to use some kind of proxy server to download the ebooks from Amazon UK – but I`m not clued into that, and it may involve opening a separate Amazon account as well…I dont know.

So sorry for the downbeat news – of course, there always the dead-tree versions ;-)